Christine Rose’s Online Writing Portfolio
***BUY CHRISTINE’S BOOKS***
**Also, as O. M. GREY**
Independent Awards and Accolades
- Rowan of the Wood—USA Book News Award Nominee, 2009—Indie Excellence Book Award Winner, 2009
- “New York Rain”— Earned a place in Bar None Group’s Poetry Hall of Fame. 2011
- Avalon Revisited —Amazon Gothic Romance Bestseller, Summer 2010 & Steampunk Chronicle Reader’s Choice Award Best Fiction 2012
- “Dust on the Davenport”—Steampunk Chronicle Reader’s Choice Award Best Short Fiction 2012
- “A Kiss in the Rain”—Steampunk Chronicle Reader’s Choice Award Best Short Fiction 2013
One Reason to Live: A Memoir About Surviving Trauma
After a series of traumatic events (including the end of a 15-year marriage and multiple sexual assaults), a woman discovers she must face the reality of her life, or end it. On a scrap of paper she writes “Reasons to Live.” It stays blank for days. Then, she remembers her old dream: move to Europe.
By pet-sitting in exchange for lodging, she makes this dream a reality, finding solace in exploring new landscapes and spending time with animals. Against a backdrop of fur-filled adventures and cultural revelations, she battles the demons of C-PTSD and grief as she attempts to rebuild her identity and her life.
One Reason to Live embodies a visceral experience of living with psychiatric injury, combined with the power of radical acceptance, sweetened by the healing quality of animal companionship and the joy of embracing self-love.
The Rowan of the Wood Fantasy Series:
Book 1: Rowan of the Wood
Winner of the Indie Excellence Award for YA Fiction. After a millennium of imprisonment in his magic wand, Rowan, an ancient wizard, possesses Cullen, the teenager who released him. When danger is nigh, Rowan emerges from Cullen to set things right. Both he and the boy try to grasp what has happened to them only to discover a deeper problem. Somehow the Rowan’s bride from the ancient past has survived and become something evil.
Buy Rowan of the Wood * Free Audiobook Read by the Author
Book 2: Witch on the Water
Cullen thought he had enough trouble surviving school, dealing with his miserable home life, and being possessed by Rowan, a 1400-year-old wizard. But when Rowan’s wife, the sadistic vampire Fiana, comes back seeking revenge, Cullen and his band of misfits must do what they can to stop her. This time Cullen’s favorite teacher is Fiana’s first target.Imaginative and poignant, the adventure of Rowan and Cullen thoroughly enchants the reader and is a great series for readers of fantasy, young and old.
Book 3: Fire of the Fey
Still possessed by the wizard Rowan, Cullen settles into his new home with his fire elemental sister, Aidan, and their fey uncle, Moody Marlin. But all is not well. A series of fires raging through the redwoods puts Aidan in the hot seat, as the group looks to her for an explanation.Maddy’s mother discovers a dark and disturbing secret, Ralph and Max are off to a rocky start, and Rex adopts a holy crusade with a mysterious angel as his guide.
Book 4: Power of the Zephyr
Power of the Zephyr continues the Rowan of the Wood fantasy series with further adventure and magical mayhem. The Freak Squad, as Trudy takes to calling them, confront Fiana in the desert of Northern Nevada. she has developed a cult of mesmerized zombies in an intricate plot to capture Rowan and his wand for herself, once and for all. Powerful and poignant, the group of magical friends learn some hard lessons and come face-to-face with death.
Book 5: Spirit of the Otherworld
Spirit of the Otherworld is the final installment in the Rowan of the Wood fantasy series. The Freak Squad must decipher an ancient text to discover how to get Rowan out of Cullen’s body before it destroys them both. With Ralph’s help, Rowan might just get a body of his very own, but Fiana has other plans.
Publishing & Marketing Realities for the Emerging Author: A Guide to Help Authors Effectively Choose A Publishing Path & Plan Marketing Strategies. (nonfiction)
Buy Publishing & Marketing Realities
Christine Rose shares what she’s learned the hard way. From starting with an Indie Press, through self-publishing, to finding a NY Agent and playing with the big boys. No nonsense. No tiptoeing. She tells it like it is. Christine has traveled coast to coast promoting her work, along the way becoming a social networking maverick and an Amazon bestselling author. Her marketing efforts sold over five times more books in the crucial first year than the average books sells in its lifetime. Publishing & Marketing Realities is her guide around the pitfalls en route to success.
Novels as O. M. Grey:
Arthur Tudor has made his existence as a vampire bearable for over three hundred years by immersing himself in blood and debauchery. Aboard an airship gala, he meets Avalon, an aspiring vampire slayer who sparks fire into Arthur’s shriveled heart. Together they try to solve the mystery of several horrendous murders on the dark streets of London. Cultures clash and pressures rise in this sexy Steampunk Romance. Contains adult content. Published by Riverdale Ave Books.
Arthur Tudor, a vampire for nearly four-hundred years, finds himself bored with life and love, yet again. His tolerance for his newly-turned girlfriend Avalon wanes, and he’s on the prowl for fresh blood to drink and succulent flesh to pierce. While investigating a series of mysterious disappearances, the couple comes face to face with Constance, a succubus committed to exacting justice for violated women. The supernatural trio joins forces to stop a serial rapist and murderer. Set in Victorian London, this Steampunk horror novel is about justice, retribution, and redemption.
Let true justice prevail…
Buy Avalon Revamped
The Zombies of Mesmer: A Nickie Nick Vampire Hunter Novel
Follow Nicole Knickerbocker Hawthorn (Nickie Nick) as she discovers her destiny as The Protector, a powerful vampire hunter. Ashe, a dark and mysterious stranger, helps Nickie and her friends solve the mystery behind several bizarre disappearances. With Steampunk gadgets, mad scientists, bloodthirsty vampires, and mesmerized zombies, this paranormal adventure is sure to appeal to fans of Boneshaker, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and the Vampire Diaries. Gothic YA paranormal romance novel set in Victorian London. Appropriate for Teens and Adults.
The Ghosts of Southwark: A Nickie Nick Vampire Hunter Novel
Nickie Nick’s broken heart keeps her from her sacred duty until a tragic event pulls her out of her lament and propels her into action. The Clan of Ashen, a deadly vampire cult, and a group of lost souls lead her to discover the deranged actions of a sinister priest. A handsome, masked stranger captures her attention and her heart while they work to stop the priest and free the trapped ghosts. This paranormal adventure is sure to appeal to fans of Twilight, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and The Vampire Diaries.
The Ghosts of Southwark follows the continuing adventures of Nickie Nick, Vampire Hunter, and is set in Victorian Steampunk London.
Caught in the Cogs: An Eclectic Collection
In the midst of war, a beautiful young officer finds love aboard an airship… A woman steals away to fulfill her desire with a phantom lover… A group of thieves seek out a town of women to satisfy their lustful urges, but these ladies have an agenda of their own… PLUS nine more short stories, angsty love poetry, and twenty-six relationship essays considering topics such as alternative lifestyles, deepening intimacy, opening communication, abusive relationships, and how to end a relationship with respect. Steampunk fairy tales, maddening horror stories, steamy erotic fantasies, and more…Contains Adult Content.
Short Story: “A Kiss in the Rain”
A Gothic erotic ghost story from another era, “A Kiss in the Rain” is the tale of Eliot, a professor and inventor, and his unbearable grief over the loss of his dead wife. Though an expert in the new invention of electricity, it seems that even modern science cannot bring her back, but maybe there is a force even more powerful?
Find even more of O. M. Grey’s in her blog’s “Short Stories & Poetry” category and on Amazon.
Complete List of Published Works, including short stories, articles, and books under both names, O. M. Grey and Christine Rose:
- One Reason to Live: A Memoir About Surviving Trauma. Memoir. Blue Moose Press. April 2023.
- “A Kiss in the Rain.” Short Story. Mammoth Book of Gaslit Romance. Anthology. August 2014.
- “The Clockwork Heart.” Short Story. Steampunk Trails. August 2014.
- Spirit of the Otherworld. Novel. Blue Moose Press. February 2014.
- “I Pretend You’re Watching Me.” Poem. Bar None Group. eZine. December.
- The Ghosts of Southwark. Novel. Blue Moose Press. November.
- “Fade of the Innocent.” Short Story. Steampunk Trails. September.
- “Railroaded.” Short Story. He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not. Anthology. Sirens Call Publications. September.
- Avalon Revamped. Novel. Blue Moose Press. September.
- “Lost and Found.” Short Story. Tales of the Talisman. Magazine. July.
- “Love is for the Living.” Short Story. Bellows of the Bone Box: A Steampunk Anthology. Sirens Call Publications. April.
- Publishing & Marketing Realities for the Emerging Author, 2nd Edition. Nonfiction. Blue Moose Press. April.
- “For the Love of a Book.” Short Story. We Love NY: A Romance Anthology to Raise Funds for Hurricane Sandy Relief. Riverdale Ave Books. February.
- “Look Into My Eyes.” Poem. “2013 Women in Horror Month.” The Sirens Call, Issue #7. eZine. February.
- “Twenty Minutes.” Short Story. “2013 Women in Horror Month.” The Sirens Call, Issue #7. eZine. February.
- “A Kiss in the Rain.” Short Story. Riverdale Ave Books. January.
- Steampunk Chronicle’s Reader’s Choice Award: Best Short Story. 2013.
- “Final Word.” Short Story. The Rusty Nail. Magazine. January.*
- “New York Rain.” Poem. The Rusty Nail. Magazine. January.*
- “The Tragic Tale of Doctor Fausset.” Short Story. 3000 Weeks. Anthology. Confabule. January.*
- “My Heart Still Wants to Believe.” Poem. 3000 Weeks. Video Reading. Confabule. January.*
- Avalon Revisited. Novel. Riverdale Ave Books. January.
- “Dead Mule Crossing.” Short Story. eSteampunk. eZine. October.*
- “Look Into My Eyes.” Poem. SNM Horror Mag. eZine. Dark Poetry. August.*
- Power of the Zephyr. Novel. Blue Moose Press. August.
- “Of Aether & Aeon.” Short Story. Gearhearts Steampunk Glamour Revue #3. Magazine. June.
- “If I Had Known…” Poem. A Long Story Short. eZine. February.
- Caught in the Cogs: An Eclectic Collection. Blue Moose Press. December.
- “Twenty Minutes.” Short Story. Bound by Blood IV: Scarlet Sunset. Anthology. SNM Horror Mag. December.
- “The Tragic Tale of Doctor Fausset.” Short Story. Stories in the Ether. eZine. November.*
- “New York Rain.” Poem. Bar None Group. eZine. Hall of Fame. September.
- “Dust on the Davenport.” Short Story. Tales from the Archives. eBook. Imagine That! Studios. September.
- “Twenty Minutes.” Short Story. SNM Horror Mag. eZine. 2nd Place. July.*
- “Of Aether & Aeon.” Short Story. Steampunk Adventures. Magazine. June/July.*
- “Dead Mule Crossing.” Short Story. How the West Was Wicked. Anthology. Pill Hill Press. May.
- The Zombies of Mesmer. Novel. Blue Moose Press. April.
- “Dust on the Davenport.” Short Story. Tales from the Archives, Vol. 2. Podcast. March.
- Steampunk Chronicle Reader’s Choice Award: Best Short Fiction. 2012
- Fire of the Fey. Novel. Blue Moose Press. October 2010.
- Avalon Revisited. Novel. Blue Moose Press. April 2010.
- Amazon Gothic Romance Bestseller, Summer 2010.
- Steampunk Chronicle Reader’s Choice Award: Best Fiction. 2012.
- Witch on the Water. Novel. Blue Moose Press. October 2009.
- Rowan of the Wood. Novel. Blue Moose Press. October 2008.
- USA Book News Award Nominee. 2009.
- Indie Excellence Book Award Winner. 2009.
- “How They Did It. From Pittance to Paris: True Independent Spirit Christine Rose Chronicles the Making of her First Film, the Controversial Doc “Liberty Bound.” Movie Maker Magazine. 62:13. March 19, 2006. 38-39. Print.
- “Reel Life. Internationally Speaking: A Global Collaboration.” IndieSlate Magazine. Issue 43. 39-40. Print.
- “Escaping the Cage.” Living a Life of Value: A Unique Anthology of Essays on Values & Ethics by Contemporary Writers. Ed. Merchey, Jason A. VOW Press: 2006. Print.
- PubIt!: Barnes & Noble Plays Catch-Up with Amazon’s KDP. April 11. 2011. Web.
- Totally Square: a Review of the Square Merchant Services. March 25, 2011. Web.
- NOLA Comic Con: Who Bats & True Dat Who Dats. February 3, 2011. Web.
- Writing from Life: Careful, You’ll End Up in My Novel. January 19, 2011. Web.
- Expect Superman: Working the SFF Cons. January 10, 2011. Web.
- Interview with author JoLynne Valerie. June 22, 2010. Web.
- Book Review: The Darkly Luminous Fight for Persephone Parker. May 20, 2010. Web.
- Book Review: The Strangely Beautiful Tale of Miss Percy Parker. April 24, 2010. Web.
- Interview with author Nick Valentino. March 20, 2010. Web.
- Interview with author Donna Grant. January, 20, 2010. Web.
- Holmes Controversy. Article. December 20, 2009. Web.
“Big Bouncing Bustles.” (as O. M. Grey). Guest Post. April 24, 2010. Web.
“Our Arrogance Will Be the End of Us.” Article. August 28, 2005. Web.
* defunct publications
Comments are closed.